Monday, February 24, 2014

A valance for the kitchen window

I love the box seat window in my kitchen but it was in desperate need of color. So I continued sewing using the Cynthia Rowley tablecloth fabric that was leftover from my living room tab top drapes. I made the decision to not use drapes in the kitchen. If mounted on the outside of the box they would hang too close to the kitchen table and I have a very young grandson. Hanging drapes inside the box portion of the window would cut off the natural sunlight that comes in. I live in a suburb of Rochester, NY. Sunlight is very limited during the winter months. So the choice I made was to design and create a valance using mini blinds for privacy and keeping the cottage/coastal style in my creation.

Here is the before and after….





...time to make the pillows...


No comments:

Post a Comment