Sunday, February 23, 2014

From Tablecloth to Tab Top Drapes

I recently moved in to a very neutral townhouse with off white walls and very white cupboards. Actually the whole house is very plain and lacking color. It is a rental property so I will have to make it my own by adding the color elsewhere since painting is not an option. 

I have never been a person who would leave my windows bare. I spent some time looking for drapes and really not sure why when I could easily have made what I wanted. However I was not able to afford the decorator fabric since it was $25 a yard. I would need at least 8 yards. Two windows would have cost me $200 for a rental property, not. While looking for a tablecloth for my kitchen table the inspiration for my new treatments was right in front of me. I grabbed two tablecloths and the fun began. My total investment with sales tax was $40. I now had enough fabric for the living room and kitchen window as well as some leftovers for a throw pillow.

Today's project was for window #1 in my living room. Since I love the look of cottage/coastal style I decided to make tab top curtains. Thank you Cynthia Rowley for having the inspiration to design a print that I feel is just for me. 






 the kitchen is next...












No comments:

Post a Comment